NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
State Foundation Presents Scholarship Funds for EFSC Students
State Funds Benefit EFSC Students: Shown from left to right are EFSC President Dr. Jim Richey, State Foundation Board Member Dr. Tom Furlong, EFSC Foundation Exec. Dir. Michele Murrell and EFSC Foundation Board Chair Bernard Simpkins.
September 11, 2013 - The Florida College System Foundation (FCSF) has given nearly $30,000 in scholarship funding to the EFSC Foundation aimed to help first generation college students and those pursuing nursing or healthcare careers.
FCSF State Board member Dr. Thomas Furlong presented checks totaling $28,436 at the Sept. 11 Eastern Florida State College Foundation Board of Directors meeting held on the college's Cocoa campus. The monies come from three of the state foundation's funds.
Florida Blue Scholarship
- Check Amount $10,422
- The Florida Blue Scholarship was established through a $2.5 million gift from insurance company Florida Blue and equally matched by the State of Florida. The earnings from the $5 million endowment are awarded annually and distributed to Florida’s 28 state colleges.
- Florida Blue Scholarships are awarded to EFSC nursing and health sciences students to help fund their college expenses.
- The EFSC Foundation is currently looking for a local match for this health-related scholarship fund. Please contact Michele Murrell at 321-433-7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dream Makers Scholarship
- Check Amount $4,160
- The Dream Makers Scholarship was established through a $1 million gift from Bank of America and equally matched by the State of Florida. The earnings from the endowment are awarded annually and equally distributed to Florida’s 28 state colleges.
- This scholarship is awarded to first-generation in college students.
Helios Education Foundation First Generation Scholars Scholarship
- Check Amount: $13,854
- This scholarship is awarded to first-generation in college students with preference given to students who are preparing for a career in education with the intent to become a teacher in the State of Florida.
The Florida College System Foundation was established in 1994 and will award $905,999 in scholarships for the 2013-2014 academic year. Its Board of Directors recruits gifts and donations from national and statewide groups and coordinates closely with Florida’s 28 college foundations to eliminate any potential for conflict or competition.
Established in 1971, the Eastern Florida State College Foundation, Inc. is a Direct Support Organization of Eastern Florida State College and is a 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit Organization. Funds raised on behalf of the Foundation benefit EFSC students.