How to leave a legacy
• Meet with a professional such as a financial planner, trust officer, lawyer or accountant to discuss your options for making a charitable gift. You can also contact the EFSC Foundation for more information.
• Prepare a will, trust or estate plan and indicate how you want your property and finances to be distributed after you pass away. Leave a gift in your will for a charitable organization that has made a difference in your life or the lives of others.
• Honor the memory of someone who has made a difference in your life. Simply indicate in your will that you would like to leave a gift to a specific organization in memory of a special person.
• Your estate encompasses many things including assets such as stocks, bonds, CDs, real estate, art and jewelry. Any of these can be bequeathed as your charitable gift.
• Name Eastern Florida State College as the beneficiary of your retirement plan, IRA or life insurance policy.
• Establish an endowed scholarship to assist EFSC students in achieving their dream of a higher education. Once the fund is established, scholarships can be awarded to designated students from the interest that is earned from the investment. Only 5% of the interest or investment earnings are spent for that endowment's purpose. This allows the donor's gift to continue year after year.
• If you prefer, you can make an impact today by making a direct donation to the EFSC Foundation. Keep in mind that donations of any amount are always accepted, greatly appreciated and are utilized to support the mission of EFSC.