We can help you cross the finish line
Dare to Finish scholarship awards, sponsored by the EFSC Foundation, are available to select students, and are valid for the first semester after returning. Awards cover tuition up to a maximum of $1,000, and graduation fees (excluding a cap and gown) are included. If additional financial aid is awarded, such as a Pell Grant or student loan, scholarship recipients could be eligible for a refund. For scholarship funds to be released, eligible students must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Be within 18 hours of a degree completion (A.A., A.S. or B.A.S.)
- Be a declared degree-seeking student
- Not have graduated from another institution between EFSC enrollments
- Currently be enrolled in EFSC classes
- Have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be in "good standing" and not on probation
- Have experienced a disruption in continuous enrollment at EFSC lasting 18 months or longer, resulting in an inactive status
- Complete a short essay (300 word limit) addressing the following topic: "What motivated you to 'Dare to Finish,' and how will your success make an impact?"
- Write a donor thank you letter addressed to the Eastern Florida State College Foundation
Withdrawing from classes or violating the eligibility requirements in any way will result in forfeiture of scholarship funds in full.
For more information regarding Dare to Finish Scholarship eligibility, including how to apply, contact the Dare to Finish representative through EFSC's Recruitment Team at 321-433-5497 or email@example.com