The fast track to a career in Information Technology
The Xcel-IT Program at Eastern Florida State College helps connect students, industry professionals and employers with the resources they need to get started or advance in the information technology industry. Our services include customized advising, workshops and classes in our state-of-the-art computer labs, mentoring, workforce training programs and professional field trips.
Florida Xcel-IT is a federal grant funded program made up of seven Florida colleges working to enhance IT career opportunities. The EFSC Xcel-IT team is working with CareerSource Brevard and using grant funding to strengthen existing EFSC programs plus develop new training and industry certification programs. We're focused on all IT areas, but especially the fast-growing fields of Digital Forensics, IT Management, Mobile Device Computing, Information Security, Network Security, better known as Cybersecurity, Network Virtualization and VoIP Communications.
Xcel-IT initiatives benefit all EFSC IT programs
• A new first-class cybersecurity computer lab on the Palm Bay campus is a major plus to students pursuing the cybersecurity track in the Network Systems Technology A.S. degree. The lab will allow faculty and students to closely interact on ways to prevent hacking, the digital plague hurting individuals, businesses, corporations and government agencies.
• Xcel-IT grant funding is helping get a new computer-focused Bachelor Degree program off the ground, with three specializations available in Program Development/Software Development, Computer Project Management and Networking Systems.
• A new Mac lab for teaching mobile application programming and a new voice-over internet protocol lab (VoIP) will enhance EFSC's Computer Programming A.S. degree and all IT-related College programs.
• The Xcel-IT team is developing credentialing opportunities in fields that include geographic information systems, mobile device computing, network security, digital forensics, IT communications and automation.
Connect with Xcel-IT
- Step 1: Fill out and submit an Xcel-IT Student Intake Form
- Step 2: Request an advising session by phone or in person so we can connect you with the custom resources that meet your needs as a student, worker or employer.
Xcel-IT Program Office
Palm Bay Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm. 156
Xcel-IT Program Coordinator
Xcel-IT Program Manager
The Xcel-IT Impact
Computer Programming & Analysis Student
Xcel-IT is doing big things and really cares about the students and what they need to go further with their career. They helped me obtain an internship where I've been able to increase my knowledge for what's needed when I go into the workplace.