Welcome to the Cocoa Campus Child Development Center, which opened in 1990 as Eastern
Florida’s first child care center. We’re recognized as an Exemplary Pre-Kindergarten
by the State of Florida.
Hours of Operation: 7:15 AM – 5:30 PM (Monday – Thursday)
Age group: 15 months to 5 years old
- Accredited by the National Association for the Educationof Young Children (NAEYC).
- State funded Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program (VPK)
- Low teacher to child ratios:
- One year olds (15 months to 2 years): 1 to 4, Four children per teacher
- Two year olds: 1 to 6, Total of 12 children per class with two teachers
- Three to five year olds: 1 to 10, Total of 20 children per class with two teachers
- Parent-teacher sharing conferences
- Follows state guidelines and open door policy
- Background screening of all employees
- All activities are “hands on”
- Circle times and small groups are age appropriate
- Children learn and implement problem solving skills
- Our children are treated with respect at all times by our dedicated teachers.
Cocoa Center Curriculum
Our curriculum of instruction is based on the child-centered Creative Curriculum for Preschoolers and Toddlers and we also incorporate Montessori concepts into our program. Our curriculum is educationally based, with an open framework of educational ideas and practices based on the natural development of young children. We work within the framework of the Creative Curriculum to promote language and literacy skills for young children. We also use techniques from Loving Guidance for our toddler age groups and the Devereux Early Childhood Initiative and Second Step as our character development curriculum.
Cocoa Wait List Form
The first step in the enrollment process is to fill out this form and you'll
be contacted about our available
slots or waitlist options.