FOR MORE INFORMATION
Mark DeCotis, Athletic Communications
|Office:||321-433-5700, 321-759-4540 (C)
21 BCC Student-Athletes Bound for Four-Year Schools
Sixteen of the 21 BCC student-athletes who are moving on to four-year programs gather for a group photo in the Melbourne Gymnasium as they prepare to end their time in a Titans uniform.
May 8, 2013 - Twenty-one Brevard Community College student-athletes have committed to continuing their educations and athletic careers at four-year institutions.
• Baseball: Chris Dennis, Florida Southern College; Danny Dixon, University of Central Florida; Ashton Fronsoe, Florida Tech; Matt Harris, St. John’s University (NY); David King, Mars Hill College (NC); Roman Restrepo, Mars Hill College (NC).
• Men's basketball: Nyles Evans, University of Akron (OH); Gary Gaskins, Oklahoma State University; Luka Pajkovic, Morehead State (KY); Addison Spruill, University of North Carolina Wilmington.
• Women's basketball: Shanecee Stephens, Prairie View A&M University (TX).
• Women's soccer: Lois Edvardsson, Clayton State (GA); Gabriela Jaimes, St. Leo University (FL); Catherine Hasell, Webber International University (FL); Courtney Hueston, Julia Kantor and Morgan Taylor Smith, Florida Institute of Technology; Chelsea Seng, Virginia Intermont.
• Softball: Kat Ammons, Nova Southeastern University (FL); Cassie Boggs, St. Leo University (FL); Alyssa Ortiz, Columbia College (SC).
"What a testament to how far our athletic program has come in a short period of time; many four-year colleges are looking to our Titan student-athletes to represent their schools," BCC Athletic Director and head women's soccer coach Jeff Carr said. "What an achievement for our student-athletes to both further their education and continue to play the sport they love. We are all very proud of you and look forward to seeing you represent your new schools; realize that you will always be Titans."