Serving Veterans at EFSC
Veterans attending Eastern Florida State College can access special services through this Center to meet their often unique educational and personal needs.
Services offered include:
- Access to veteran-specific financial aid information
- A student orientation program tailored for veterans
- Training for faculty and staff on the special assistance veterans may need inside and outside the classroom.
- A computer work area where veterans can get help accessing information on their VA benefits.
- Mentoring and tutoring programs through local veteran and community organizations.
- Coordination with Collegiate Veterans Society, a student club dedicated to help fellow veterans in the transition from military to college life. The club meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 4:30 PM in the Cocoa Campus Community Dining Room connected to Building 11.
- Monthly visits from Department of Veterans Affairs' representatives to assist veterans on a range of issues.
- Having qualified psychologists provide on-campus counseling for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD, and increasing outreach to veterans through the college's EFSCares student counseling program.
- Staff make regular visits to Patrick Air Force Base, the Naval Ordinance Test Unit and Coast Guard Station at Port Canaveral to provide active duty personnel with information about educational opportunities.
The Veterans Center's main office is on the Cocoa Campus but representatives from the center do hold hours on the Melbourne Campus every week. Plus any EFSC student who served in the military can visit or call the Veterans Center.