First Day Access Textbook Savings
Eastern Florida State College has partnered with Campus Bookstore vendor Barnes and Noble to offer the First Day Inclusive Access Program (FDIAP) — a textbook savings program which allows students in select courses to opt-in for the e-delivery of textbooks through the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). With just a few clicks of the mouse, students gain instant access to their course materials right inside Canvas, with no access codes, and save 20-50% or more off the national retail price.
Charges for these digital course materials will be assessed on the EFSC student account as "First Day Inclusive Access" at the time of course registration. That First Day materials charge can be paid for with financial aid if the student qualifies. This program has been adopted pursuant to Florida Statues Section 1004.085 Textbook and Instructional Materials Affordability.
For Fall Term 2019, sections of ACG 3024 - Accounting for Managers are participating in the program. The opt-in price for ACG 3024 will be $105.20 (no tax for e-delivery) while the bookstore price for students who opt out of the program will be $201.00 (includes tax). Students must opt-in by the Opt-in Deadlines listed below through their course in Canvas to receive the discounted textbook material — or opt-out if they do not want to participate in discounted pricing. See directions below for both processes.
- Classes Starting Aug. 12 → Opt-in by Aug. 22
- Classes Starting Sept. 9 → Opt-in by Sept. 17
- Classes Starting Oct. 7 → Opt-in by Oct. 15
How to Opt-in to Receive First Day Access Textbooks
1. Before your class term's opt-in deadline, access Canvas through the myEFSC single sign-on.
2. After clicking the Canvas icon in myEFSC, select your course from the Canvas Dashboard.
3. Click the Course Materials link. (You may be asked to select your campus. Please select the campus associated with your course. If you select the wrong campus, you will be directed to another page. If this occurs, please repeat the process and select the other campus location).
4. Click the checkbox next to “Opt-In” and click “Confirm.”
How to Opt-out of First Day Access - FDIAP Program
Students may opt-out by selecting the opt-out option on the “Course Materials” link in the Canvas course, or by default by not opting in before the end of the opt-in period. Those deadlines are listed above on this page. The First Day Inclusive Access charge will be reversed at the end of the opt-in period for students who opt-out of the program, including those students who did not follow the required steps to opt-in.
The First Day Inclusive Access charge is also removed if a student drops the course by the term's published "last day to drop and have fees adjusted" deadline. View important term dates.
Students who have any questions about the First Day Inclusive Access charge on their account should contact or visit any campus cashier’s office.
First Day Access Contacts
Questions about the program?
Contact or visit your EFSC Campus Bookstore and ask about First Access
Having trouble accessing your First Day textbooks?
Visit customercare.bncollege.com, you may call Barnes and Noble’s Customer Care line toll-free at 844-989-8669
Questions about the FDIAP fee?
Contact or visit an EFSC Cashier's Office
- Fee Schedule [PDF]
- Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Payment Plan Dates & Schedule Info
- Refund Selection/BankMobile Log-In
- Tax Information/Form 1098-T