Celebrate your graduation
Students are not required to attend a commencement ceremony. However, it does provide a formal occasion for students, family and friends to celebrate a significant milestone in their life. The ceremonies are held at the King Center for the Performing Arts at the EFSC Melbourne campus. Tickets are required for guests with the ticketing process explained below.
The College has spring and fall commencement events. Students who graduate in the summer are invited to walk in fall commencement and should RSVP for the fall ceremony when submitting their summer term intent to graduate application. Two ceremonies are held each time, with students divided by their home address or major.
NOTE: The commencement ceremony is photographed and filmed for broadcasting on social media, WEFS-TV and College website. By participating in commencement activities, you authorize EFSC to photograph, record and/or broadcast your name, image, voice and/or likeness, and expressly grant EFSC the perpetual right to use your name, image, voice and/or likeness without compensation for any purpose in any medium. If you request that such information be confidential, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Because of limited space at the King Center, tickets are required for family and friends to attend the graduation ceremony. Each guest, including infants and toddlers, must have a ticket. Each candidate must reserve guest tickets/RSVP by the published deadline each term to receive guest tickets. The number of tickets is determined at a later date based on the number of confirmed candidates attending the ceremony who notified the Office of the Registrar by the published deadline. View the ticketing FAQ.
For spring, fall and summer candidates, when you submit your Intent to Graduate Application, be sure to reserve guest tickets/RSVP for the ceremony on your application by the published graduation deadline, this includes on the summer application if participating in fall commencement. To reserve your guest tickets, you must respond 'Yes' on the ceremony participation question on the application. For assistance with the online graduation application process, view the Online Graduation Application Tutorial.
Ticket pick up will be in the campus bookstores during regular bookstore business hours with the pick-up dates posted here once available. Tickets for guests requiring accessible
seating at the commencement ceremony are available upon request, on a first come,
first serve basis. For more information on accessibility accommodations, contact the
King Center Ticket Office at 321-242-2219. A ticket confirmation has been sent through
student email and must be presented either in printed or electronic form at the bookstore,
along with a photo ID.
Note: If you apply for graduation after the published deadline and would like to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket distribution is based upon the actual number of candidates participating in the ceremony and the seating capacity of the King Center. All seats are general admission. Tickets are non-replaceable and do not have monetary value. The College does not support or condone the selling of guest tickets. EFSC is not responsible for lost, stolen or destroyed tickets. Guests without tickets and those arriving late, will be directed to sit in one of three comfortable overflow rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis where they can view the commencement activities on large screens. Each ceremony is also televised live on WEFS-TV and via webcast with a link posted on the website home page the morning of graduation.
The ticketing process is designed to allow all candidates to have someone sitting in the auditorium on this special day, and for the safety of all attending.
Learn more about the ticket process on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Before the Ceremony
Report to the Gymnasium located in Building 6 on the Melbourne Campus 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to the ceremony. You will receive a calling card that will tell you where to line up. Verify your name, address, e-mail, and any honors listed are correct.
During the Ceremony
You will receive an empty diploma cover at the ceremony. All diplomas are mailed approximately 6 - 8 business weeks after the ceremony. A professional photographer will take your picture while you are on the stage. The photographer will send you proof copies either by electronic or regular mail and you may purchase photos directly from the vendor.
- Mon., Dec. 17, 2018: Online Graduation System Opens
- Thurs., Mar. 7, 2019: Graduation Applications Due - Last day to RSVP to attend ceremony & reserve guest tickets, to have name in program & to avoid late fee.
- Fri., Mar. 8: $20 Late Fee begins for all graduation applications
- Mon., April 29: Starting on this date, any candidate who does not want to apply online, must hand-carry
the graduation application to the Registrar's Office, Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm. 202
- Sun., May 5: Online Graduation System Closes
- Mon., May 6: Starting on this date, all applications must be hand-carried to the Registrar's office.
- Please note: Graduation & Late fees are nonrefundable.
Commencement: Thurs., May 9, 2019
RSVP deadline: March 7, 2019
View Commencement Ceremony GuideThe Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
Please Note: Information for Summer 2019 Graduation Deadlines will be posted soon.
Summer 2018 Candidates for Graduation must apply to graduate. Applying online is easiest: view the tutorial for how-to instructions.
- Sun., May 12: Online Graduation System Opens
- Thurs., June 7, 2018: Early Summer Deadline - Note: All course work must be completed in the first six-week summer term to qualify for early summer graduation. Applications submitted after this deadline, will be processed for August 2018 graduation.
- Thurs., July 12, 2018: Summer Deadline* - Applications submitted after July 12, 5:30 PM will be charged an additional $20 late fee.
- Sun., Aug. 5: Online Graduation System Closes
- Graduation & Late fees are non-refundable.
*Summer Graduates are invited to walk in the fall commencement ceremony. Please RSVP no later than July 12, 2018*on your Intent to Graduate application or email email@example.com Late requests cannot be accommodated. Read more about the guest ticket policy if taking part in fall commencement as a summer graduate. The Thursday, Dec. 13 Fall
Ceremony assignments are below for your planning purposes:
RSVP deadline: July 12, 2018.
View Commencement Guide & Tutorial The Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
Please Note: Information for Fall 2019 Graduation Deadlines will be posted at a future
date after Fall 2018 degree processing has been completed.
Fall 2018 Candidates for graduation must apply to graduate. Applying online is easiest: view the tutorial for how-to instructions.
- Mon., Aug. 13: Online Graduation System Opens
- Thur., Oct, 18, 2018: Graduation Applications Due - Last day to RSVP to attend ceremony & reserve guest tickets, to have name in program & to avoid late fee.
- Fri., Oct. 19: $20 Late Fee begins for all graduation applications
- Mon., Dec. 2: Starting on this date, any candidate who does not want to apply online, must hand-carry the graduation application to the Registrar's Office, Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm. 202.
- Sun., Dec. 9, 2018: Online Graduation System Closes
- Mon., Dec. 10: Starting on this date, all applications must be hand-carried to the Registrar's office.
- Please note: Graduation & Late fees are nonrefundable.
Commencement: Mon., Dec. 10, 2018 (Please note this date change due to circumstances beyond the College's control.)
Ceremony RSVP deadline: Oct. 18, 2018
View Commencement Ceremony Guide The Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
Contact an advisor on any campus, or contact the graduation office at:
Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2
1519 Clearlake Rd
Cocoa, FL 32922
Hours: M – Th 8 AM – 5 PM
Email the Graduation Office