Celebrate your graduation
Spring Commencement Tickets Update
Reminders for students who applied for Spring 2019 graduation on or before March 7 and indicated "YES" to attending the ceremony:
• If you haven’t already picked up your two (2) graduation guest-tickets, do so by Thursday, April 25 at any campus bookstore during normal business hours.
• Tickets are not reserved. If ticketsare not picked up during the distribution period April 15 – 25, tickets will become "unclaimed"; and go into general distribution beginning April 29.
• Unclaimed tickets will be available to all students who applied for graduation, on a first come, first serve basis from April 29 – May 2, or while supplies last.
• Students, or their designee (must be on the list for pick up), must bring a photo ID to pick up their tickets.
Students are not required to attend a commencement ceremony. However, it does provide a formal occasion for students, family and friends to celebrate a significant milestone in their life. The ceremonies are held at the King Center for the Performing Arts at the EFSC Melbourne campus. Tickets are required for guests with the ticketing process explained below.
The College has spring and fall commencement events. Students who graduate in the summer are invited to walk in fall commencement and should RSVP for the fall ceremony when submitting their summer term intent to graduate application. Two ceremonies are held each time, with students divided by their home address or major.
NOTE: The commencement ceremony is photographed and filmed for broadcasting on social media, WEFS-TV and College website. By participating in commencement activities, you authorize EFSC to photograph, record and/or broadcast your name, image, voice and/or likeness, and expressly grant EFSC the perpetual right to use your name, image, voice and/or likeness without compensation for any purpose in any medium. If you request that such information be confidential, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Because of limited space at the King Center, tickets are required for each guest, including infants and toddlers, to attend the graduation ceremony and be seated inside the auditorium. Guests without tickets are invited to sit in the designated and comfortable overflow areas to view the ceremonies on large screens on a first-come, first-serve basis based on available overflow seating. To receive guest tickets, each candidate must indicate "Yes" to attending the commencement ceremony by the published deadline each term if he or she plans to attend. The number of tickets is determined based on the number of confirmed candidates attending the ceremony who notified the Office of the Registrar by the published deadline. Each graduate who indicates "Yes" to attending the commencement ceremony by the deadline will be alloted two guest tickets for Spring 2019 Commencement.
For spring, fall and summer candidates, when you submit your Intent to Graduate Application by the published deadline, be sure to indicate "Yes" to attending the commencement ceremony if you plan to attend. This includes summer applicants who plan to participate in fall commencement. To be eligible for guest tickets, you must respond "Yes" to attending commencement. For assistance with the online graduation application process, view the Online Graduation Application Tutorial. Note: If you apply for graduation after the published deadline, you will not be eligible for guest tickets, but can participate in the commencement ceremony.
Ticket Pick Up
Each Campus bookstore will distribute guest tickets beginning Monday, April 15, 2019 through Thursday, April 25, 2019 during regular bookstore hours. Although students who reply by the published deadline are alloted tickets, they are not reserved and must be picked up during the distribution dates noted. Unclaimed tickets and remaining tickets will be made available at the bookstores on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Monday, April 29, 2019 while supplies last. An email with your assigned ceremony time and ticket pick up information is sent approximately 4-5 weeks before the ceremony. View the Ticketing Frequently Asked Questions.
- Eligible students will be sent a ticket confirmation email reminding them of ticket pick up dates.
- A photo ID must be presented at the bookstore for ticket pick up.
Guests who require accessible seating should make their request to the King Center
ticket office when they arrive for the event. For more information on accessibility
accommodations, contact the King Center Ticket Office at 321-242-2219.
Ticket distribution is based upon the actual number of candidates participating in the ceremony and the seating capacity of the King Center. All seats are general admission. Tickets are non-replaceable and do not have monetary value. The College does not support or condone the selling of guest tickets. EFSC is not responsible for lost, stolen or destroyed tickets. Guests without tickets and those arriving late, will be directed to sit in one of three comfortable overflow rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis where they can view the commencement activities on large screens. Each ceremony is also televised live on WEFS-TV and via webcast with a link posted on the website home page the morning of graduation.
The ticketing process is designed to allow all candidates to have someone sitting in the auditorium on this special day, and for the safety of all attending.
Before the Ceremony
Report to the Gymnasium located in Building 6 on the Melbourne Campus 1 hour prior to the ceremony. There you will be given a calling card and form the processional into the King Center. Verify your name, address, e-mail, and any honors listed are correct.
- Child care is not provided and guests are asked to keep a close watch on children. Children may not accompany graduates in either the check-in area or during the ceremony. Infants and small children will need a guest ticket.
- Candidates should make arrangements to leave personal and valuable items (purses, phones, cameras, etc.) with family or friends. There is no secure area to store your belongings.
During the Ceremony
You will receive an empty diploma cover at the ceremony. All diplomas are mailed approximately 6 - 8 business weeks after the ceremony. A professional photographer will take your picture while you are on the stage. The photographer will send you proof copies either by electronic or regular mail and you may purchase photos directly from the vendor.
- Mon., Dec. 17, 2018: Online Graduation System Opens
- Thurs., Mar. 7, 2019: Graduation Applications Due - Last day to indicate "Yes" to attend ceremony & be eligible for guest tickets, to have name in program & to avoid late fee.
- Fri., Mar. 8: $20 Late Fee begins for all graduation applications
- Mon., April 29: Starting on this date, any candidate who does not want to apply online, must hand-carry
the graduation application to the Registrar's Office, Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm. 202
- Sun., May 5: Online Graduation System Closes
- Mon., May 6: Starting on this date, all applications must be hand-carried to the Registrar's office.
- Please note: Graduation & Late fees are nonrefundable.
Commencement: Thurs., May 9, 2019
View Commencement Ceremony GuideThe Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
- Mon., May 13, 2019: Online Graduation System Opens
- Thurs., June 6, 2019: Early Summer Deadline - Note: All course work must be completed in the first six-week summer term to qualify for early summer graduation. Applications submitted after this deadline, will be processed for August 2019 graduation.
- Thurs., July 11, 2019: Summer Deadline* - Applications submitted after July 12, 5:30 PM will be charged an additional $20 late fee.
- Sun., Aug. 4: Online Graduation System Closes
- Graduation & Late fees are non-refundable.
*Summer Graduates are invited to walk in the fall commencement ceremony. Please indicate "Yes" for attending commencement no later than July 11, 2019* on your Intent to Graduate application to be eligible for guest tickets or email email@example.com Late requests cannot be accommodated. Read more about the guest ticket policy if taking part in fall commencement as a summer graduate. Fall Ceremony assignments
are below for your planning purposes:
Fall Ceremony times will be updated when available.
View Commencement Guide & Tutorial The Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
Please Note: Information for Fall 2019 Graduation Deadlines will be posted at a future
Fall 2019 Candidates for graduation must apply to graduate. Applying online is easiest: view the tutorial for how-to instructions.
- Mon., Aug. TBD, 2019: Online Graduation System Opens
- Thur., Oct. TBD, 2019: Graduation Applications Due - Last day to indicate "Yes" to attend ceremony & be eligible for guest tickets, to have name in program & to avoid late fee.
- Fri., Oct. TBD, 2019: $20 Late Fee begins for all graduation applications
- Mon., Dec. TBD, 2019: Starting on this date, any candidate who does not want to apply online, must hand-carry the graduation application to the Registrar's Office, Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm. 202.
- Sun., Dec. TBD, 2019: Online Graduation System Closes
- Mon., Dec. TBD, 2019: Starting on this date, all applications must be hand-carried to the Registrar's office.
- Please note: Graduation & Late fees are nonrefundable.
Commencement: Thurs., Dec. 12, 2019
Ceremony times will be updated when available.
View Commencement Ceremony Guide The Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
Contact an advisor on any campus, or contact the graduation office at:
Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2
1519 Clearlake Rd
Cocoa, FL 32922
Hours: M – Th 8 AM – 5 PM
Email the Graduation Office