How to Apply for Graduation
To receive your diploma, you must apply for graduation, whether or not you plan to attend the commencement ceremony.
Follow these easy steps to apply:
1. Ensure that you have met all admissions requirements: Submitting all transcripts is an admissions requirement. While students have a one-term grace period if they are not receiving financial aid, they cannot progress without meeting this admissions requirement. Therefore, students cannot graduate without submitting all transcripts from other institutions they have attended.
- We will accept a transcript with courses in progress as official for graduation purposes if you are graduating with an associate's degree or lower and the courses are upper level, i.e. we will not transfer them in because they are not applicable to your degree.
- We will waive the requirement for an official transcript for graduation purposes if you can provide proof that you have only taken upper level courses at the other institution(s) and you are graduating with an associate's degree or lower.
If you have not been in attendance at EFSC for one or more years and do not plan to continue after graduation at EFSC, you will not need to readmit. However, if you wish to take courses after your graduation term and have not been in attendance for one or more years, you must follow the requirements for admission to be reactivated as a student.
2. Apply online! Applying for graduation and paying online is quick and easy.
- Be sure to have your payment ready. Your application will not go through without payment.
- Log in to myEFSC, then click on the Titan Web icon and under Student Services → Student Records, click on "Apply to Graduate"
- Be sure to read the important information on each page of the online application before completing.
- If you plan to attend a commencement ceremony, be sure to RSVP by the published deadline, as this will trigger your request for guest tickets. Tickets are required beginning with the fall 2017 commencement. Read more about the ticket process.
- After completing the application and making your payment, you will receive a confirmation page. Please read this for important information about what happens after applying and ceremony assignment.
- PLEASE NOTE: The online graduation application is closed beginning the week of graduation
each term. At that time, only hand-delivered paper applications to the Office of the
Registrar will be accepted. The Office of the Registrar is located on the Cocoa Campus,
1519 Clearlake Road, Building 2, Room 202.
For assistance with this process, view the Online Graduation Application Tutorial.
If you do not apply online, download and complete an Intent to Graduate application form for each degree you plan to receive. Review your degree status using the myGPS worksheet or work with an advisor to ensure you are on track for graduation. Be sure to select if you will participate in the Commencement ceremony by the published deadline to reserve guest tickets. Take your signed form to the Cashier and pay the $20 application fee for each degree. If you would like a duplicate diploma, complete the Duplicate Diploma form. There is a $20 fee for each duplicate diploma. Leave the form with the Cashier. It will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
3. You will be assessed an additional $20 late fee if you apply to graduate after the deadline, and there is no guarantee your name will appear in the Commencement Booklet.
When your application is received by the Office of the Registrar:
1. You will be sent a notification of receipt to your Office 365 student email account.
2. An official audit of your degree progress will be completed and a status letter will be emailed to your Office 365 student email account.
3. Please read the email carefully. If you have any outstanding documents, financial debts to the college or missing requirements, they must be satisfied by the end of the term or you may not be able to graduate.
- Early Summer Deadline: Thurs., June 7, 2018. Note: All course work must be completed in the first six-week summer term to qualify for early summer graduation. Applications submitted after this deadline, will be processed for August 2018 graduation.
- Summer Deadline: Thurs., July 12, 2018. Applications submitted after July 12, 5:30 pm will be charged an additional $20 late fee.
- Note: The summer online graduation application system opened May 12, 2018 and closes Sun., Aug. 5, 2018.
- Graduation & Late fees are non-refundable.
Summer Graduates are invited to walk in the fall commencement ceremony. Please RSVP no later than July 12, 2018*on your Intent to Graduate application or email email@example.com Late requests cannot be accommodated. Read more about the guest ticket policy if taking part in fall commencement as a summer graduate. The Thursday, Dec. 13 Fall
Ceremony assignments are below for your planning purposes:
RSVP deadline: July 12, 2018.
View Commencement Guide & Tutorial The Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
- Deadline: October 18, 2018 - Last day to apply & reserve guest tickets*, to have name in commencement booklet & to avoid the additional $20 late fee per application.
- Note: The fall online graduation application system opens Mon., Aug. 13 and closes Sun., Dec. 9, 2018. Starting Mon., Dec. 2, all paper applications must be hand-carried to the Registrar's Office, Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm. 202. Starting Mon., Dec. 10, all applications must be hand-carried to that Cocoa office.
- Please note: Graduation & Late fees are nonrefundable.
Commencement: Thurs., Dec. 13, 2018
RSVP deadline: October 18, 2018
View Commencement Ceremony Guide The Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
- Deadline: Thurs., March 7, 2019 - Last day to apply & reserve guest tickets*, to have name in commencement booklet & to avoid the additional $20 late fee per application.
- Note: The spring online graduation application system opens Dec. 17, 2018 and closes Sun., May 5, 2019. Starting Mon., April 29, all paper applications must be hand-carried to the Registrar's Office, Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm. 202. Starting Mon., May 6, all applications must be hand-carried to that Cocoa office.
- Please note: Graduation & Late fees are nonrefundable.
Commencement: Thurs., May 9, 2019
RSVP deadline: March 7, 2019
View Commencement Ceremony GuideThe Commencement Ceremony is held at the Maxwell C. King Center for the Performing Arts, Melbourne Campus. Graduates must arrive one hour prior to their service. Watch commencement live webcast & replays
Contact an advisor on any campus, or contact the graduation office at:
Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2
1519 Clearlake Rd
Cocoa, FL 32922
Hours: M – Th 8 AM – 5 PM
Email the Graduation Office
Have You Checked Your Address?
Make sure your current address is on file! The post office will not forward EFSC mail, including diplomas & transcripts.