Cocoa Campus, Bldg. 2, Rm. 202
1519 Clearlake Rd
Cocoa, FL 32922
Hours: Mon. - Thurs., 8 AM - 5 PM
Email the Registrar's Office:
Cocoa: Building 11
Melbourne: Building 1
Palm Bay: Building 1
Titusville: Building 3
Evaluation Practices for Credits from a Non-Regionally Accredited Institution
EFSC will consider each transcript and analyze credit for transfer in terms of level, content, quality, comparability, and degree program relevance. Coursework accepted must represent collegiate coursework relevant to the degree, with course content and level of instruction resulting in student competencies at least equivalent to those of students enrolled in EFSC's degree programs.
All documents must be provided before the request will be considered by the Office of the Registrar. Upon receipt of the document, the Office of the Registrar will review all evidence provided and make a final determination on the transferability of each course.
Final, official college transcript. All coursework must be completed and graded.
- Transfer credits are given the grade of TA, TB and TC and are not calculated into the EFSC cumulative GPA.
- Only courses with grades of A, B or C will transfer. Grades of S, P, withdrawals, incomplete and audit grades will not transfer.
- Students who take courses at institutions that participate in the Florida SCNS that are approved for academic transfer by the FLDOE and that are also offered at EFSC are guaranteed transfer of those credits.
- Colleges on quarter hours will be reviewed as an EFSC equivalent if the transfer credit
hours are four quarter hours or higher. All other classes will be transferred as
electives. The following quarter hour to semester hour conversion will apply:
- 2 quarter hours = 1.33 semester hours
- 3 quarter hours = 2.00 semester hours
- 4 quarter hours = 2.67 semester hours
- 5 quarter hours = 3.33 semester hours
To appeal a course evaluation, the student must do one of the following:
- Complete and submit a Petition for Transfer Credit Evaluation along with a detailed course description and the course syllabus that was in effect at the time the course was taken at the previous institution. This must be provided to the Registrar’s office.
- Pursue a course substitution at the EFSC campus of attendance. Student must complete a Petition for Course Substitution or Waiver form, attach a copy of the EFSC transcript and course description, and provide this material to the appropriate department chairperson. Upon approval, the form will be submitted through the appropriate channels to the Office of the Registrar.