The Test of Adult Basic Education assesses the following material:
- Reading: Interpreting graphics, words in context, recalling information, evaluating the meaning of text (50 minutes)
- Math Computation: (no calculator) Decimals, fractions, integers (positive & negative numbers), percents, order of operations, algebraic operations (24 minutes)
- Applied Math: (with calculator) Number operations, computations in context, estimation, measurement, geometry, data analysis, statistics & probability, pre-algebra/algebra, problem solving (50 minutes)
- Language: Usage (parts of speech), sentence formation, paragraph development, capitalization, punctuation, formal writing formatting (55 minutes)
A variety of review materials are available as you prepare for Vocational Credit Testing. Students may contact any campus VPI Specialist for review materials. Books that address GED Preparation located at the public library may also be of assistance.
The test publisher, McGraw Hill, offers the following study guides that may be available in the campus bookstore:
“Achieving TABE Success Level A Series” (available in Mathematics, Language and Reading)
- Mathematics ISBN 0-07-704470-3
- Reading ISBN 0-07-704462-2
- Language ISBN 0-07-704458-4
“TABE: The First Step to Lifelong Success” ISBN 0-07-140561-5
TABE test preparation material provided by the State Department of Education is online by clicking here: TABE Workbook.
Practice TABE material taken from Florida Gateway College (formerly Lake City Community College) Testing web page can be used to review for the TABE test by clicking here Study Guide - TABE.
Disclaimer: Any links to external websites and/or non-Test Publishers' information provided on EFSC web pages or returned from Brevard Web search engines are provided as a courtesy. They should not be construed as an endorsement by Eastern Florida State College of the content or views of the linked materials.