Getting ready for the CLEP & DSST
Hurricane Irma Note: Due to Irma's impact, the college will remain closed until through Sunday, Sept. 17. CLEP testing scheduled for Saturday, Sept.16 may be rescheduled for either Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 9:30 AM or the next regularly scheduled CLEP administration date Oct. 21, 2017. Contact the Test Coordinator at 321-433-5876 once the college reopens to make arrangements if impacted by the closure.
CLEP and DSST Testing at Eastern Florida is offered on the third Saturday of the month,
unless the college is closed. Test Candidates will be scheduled for a CLEP test session
at 2:15 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM and 5 PM for College Composition. DSST exams will be
scheduled for 2:30 administrations.
For information on CLEP tests please visit the CLEP website. A description of each test is provided free of charge. Individual CLEP study guides are available for downloading with a credit card for a charge of $10 each.
External calculators are not permitted during either the DSST or CLEP exams.
Graphing calculators are used in the CLEP Calculus and Precalculus examinations. Scientific (nongraphing) calculators are used in the CLEP Chemistry, College Algebra, and College Mathematics examinations. You are expected to know how and when to make appropriate use of the calculator. Get more information about the graphing calculator and download a trial version.
DSST test and study information can be located at the DSST web site. DSST calculators are permitted in the following exams: Business Math, Fundamentals of College Algebra, Computing and Information Technology, Personal Fiance, Principles of Fiance, and Principles of Statistics.
Candidate Information Packets that include the Registration form are available at any EFSC testing office on any campus or they can be downloaded through the box on this web page. Testing candidates should consult with an Academic Advisor before registering for CLEP or DSST to ensure credits earned through testing will assist with academic progress. To ensure a seat, completed registration form and fees must be received at the Melbourne Campus Assessment Center (ME 10-218) by the published deadline. Registrations are not accepted via telephone or email.
• EFSC is an Open Test site, so any student may register to take the CLEP and DSST
tests at the College. Review testing fees as part of the registration process.
• Pre-registration is required, and appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating is limited.
• Registration form must be submitted to the test administrator on the Melbourne campus, and may be submitted up to close of business Thursday before a test date, assuming space is still available.
• CLEP test fee of $80 (increases to $85 effective July 1, 2017) is paid at the My Account portal on the College Board website with a credit card. A Test Ticket (valid for 6 months) will be issued to the student which is to be printed, brought to the test session, and surrendered at the time of the appointment.
• DSST test fee ($80) is paid at the testing workstation at the test session via credit card only. A $30 transcript fee is required for civilian students who request an official score result be sent to their designated educational institutions for crediting.
• Students will be issued an admission ticket and must produce this with appropriate identification for admission to testing. The ID must be a valid (not expired) government issued with photo and signature (State Driver's License, Military ID or Passport). Name on ID must match that of the registered test candidate.
The following documents are not acceptable forms of ID:
- Credit or debit cards of any kind
- Social Security card
- Employee ID
- Student ID