Credit by Exam Information
CLEP and DSST Testing at Eastern Florida takes place at our Melbourne Campus Assessment Office (MCAC) located in Building 10, Room 218.
CLEP and DSST test administrations take place on the third Saturday afternoon of the month unless the college is closed. Due to College Closure for Winter Break, the December 2016 CLEP administration will be held December 10, 2016. Candidates may request CLEP appointments at 2:15, 3:15, 4:15 and 5 PM for the College Composition exam. Seating for DSST exams is limited and will be scheduled for 2:30 PM appointment sessions.
Registration deadline is the Thursday prior to the Saturday administrations, assuming
seats are still available. Contact the MCAC at 321-433-5876 for additional information.
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) are nationally recognized Credit by Exam programs. Credits awarded by passing scores on CLEP and DSST tests may be used in combination with other non-traditional methods (for example AP, IB and Credit for Adult Experiential Learning) for a maximum 45 hours of credit.
Click here to visit the EFSC Registrar's Office web pages for the official Transfer Credit Policies for these exams.
Tests are administered at the Melbourne Campus Assessment Center (Building 10, Room 218) on the third Saturday of each month. Appointments are available at 2:15 PM, 3:15 PM, 4:15 PM and 5 PM for College Composition. Testing will not be available on Saturdays when the college is closed.
- Students are eligible to sit for up to two tests on a Saturday administration. Double exam seating will be scheduled at 2:15 and the 4:15 sessions or at the 3:15 and 5 PM sessions.
- Candidates are responsible for selecting their Institutional Score Recipient. CLEP score recipient is indicated on the Test Ticket purchased at the My Account feature on the College Board website BEFORE redeeming at the test center. Institutional DSST recipient codes should be located at www.getcollegecredit.com prior to taking an exam. Students who fail to make a selection at this time will have to pay the testing company for an official score report to be sent.
- CLEP tests taken prior to October 17, 2014 may not be repeated until 6 months have transpired (183 days). Exams taken on or after October 17, 2014 may be repeated after 3 months have transpired. DSST exams may not be repeated 90 days have transpired.
- Students are encouraged to see an Academic Advisor from their home institution prior to registering for any CLEP or DSST administration to determine crediting policies.
- All personal items will be secured in a locker and inaccessible to the testing candidate. This includes cell phones and any electronic device.
- Scrap paper and pencils will be provided. No mechanical pencils are permitted.
- All computer tests, except College Composition, are available for printing at the conclusion of testing. The Composition exams have an Essay composition component that is graded by professionally trained readers. Scores may take up to six weeks to be received by the student for this reason.
- College-wide Records will post earned credits upon receipt of the official score reports.
Test-takers must have a valid, government-issued ID that has both a photo and a signature
High School students without a government issued photo ID or photo bearing High School ID may be admitted with an executed, photo bearing Student Identification Letter, such as those prepared for SAT or ACT test identification purposes. For a template, click here
The following documents are NOT acceptable forms of ID for the CLEP examinations:
- Credit or debit cards of any kind
- Social Security card
- Employee ID
- School ID
Military Sponsored Exams
Active military test takers are issued Uniformed Services Geneva Convention Common Access Cards (CAC).
Spouses and Civil Service Civilian employees of eligible branches of the U.S. Military are issued Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card or DoD Guard and Reserve Family Member Identification and Privilege Cards. While the new ID policy states that the identification presented by test-takers must have a signature and picture, these military IDs may contain electronic signatures.
DANTES eligible test takers who present the above identification cards, or any card that meets Military ID requirements as listed on the enclosed DANTES Eligibility Chart are not required to submit a secondary form of identification per the updated CLEP identification policy.
Credit by Institutional Exam