The Federal Work-Study program provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. Jobs are on-campus, with the exception of reading tutors working at various Brevard Public Schools. Work-study jobs offer flexible hours that accommodate class and exam schedules.
- Meet the general financial aid eligibility criteria.
- Have financial need.
- Eligible students are awarded $3,000 in work-study funds.
- To earn work-study funds, you must have the skills required for an available position, complete an interview and be hired.
- Before you may begin working, you must be fingerprinted and pass a background check.
- If hired for a work-study position, you will receive a bi-weekly paycheck based on your hourly wage and the number of hours worked during the pay period.
- You will not be able to use your work-study award to pay your EFSC bill, as it is due before the term begins. Work-study funds are earned over the course of the term.
- You may work up to 20 hours a week.
Applying for a Work-Study Job
- Confirm that you are eligible for Federal Work-Study. If you are eligible, Federal Work-Study will be displayed on your financial aid offer in Titan Web. To view your financial aid offer for 2019-20 log in to myEFSC and navigate the following links: Titan Web → Financial Aid Services → Award → Award by Aid Year → 2019-20 Aid Year.
- Review the job openings below, then call the number listed to inquire about job availability and schedule an interview:
|Off-Campus||Reading tutors are needed for various elementary schools in Brevard County.||EFSC Service-Learning
|Cocoa Campus||Available 2019-20 positions will be posted in July.||Bldg. 12, Room 208
|Melbourne Campus||Available 2019-20 positions will be posted in July.||Bldg. 1, Room 150
|Palm Bay Campus||Available 2019-20 positions will be posted in July.||Bldg. 2, Room 329
|Titusville Campus||Available 2019-20 positions will be posted in July.||Bldg. 5, Room 102
If you are not interested in pursuing a work-study job, log in to Titan Web and decline the offer. If you have remaining loan eligibility, you may complete the Loan Change Request Form (available in June 2019) to request that your canceled work-study be replaced with loans.