Grant Programs Information
Filling out a Free Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) begins the process of EFSC’s Financial Aid team matching you with the types of aid that you qualify for, such as Pell Grants, loans, scholarships and work study. Explore the details of various grant programs, a form of need-based aid that does not have to be repaid, in the accordion below.
Click a topic for more info
Federal Pell Grant
Federally funded/awarded undergraduate program based on financial need. Award payments are prorated according to enrollment status.
Full Time: 12 or more credit hours
3/4 time: 9-11 credit hours
1/2 time: 6-8 credit hours
Less than 1/2 time: 5 or fewer credit hours
• A student may only receive the Federal Pell Grant for the equivalent of 12 semesters over a lifetime.
• Fees may be charged to accepted awards. A book authorization will be available at your local campus bookstore for all processed and accepted Pell awards. Book authorizations are limited to the Pell award less tuition charges not to exceed the established maximum advance based on enrollment.
• Withdrawal/Refund Policies: Students wishing to withdraw must follow the College's official withdrawal policy. Students withdrawing from any/all courses are subject to repayment of financial aid monies received.
• Approximate Pell Awards for 2013-2014: $605 - $5,645
• Approximate Pell Awards for 2014-2015: $602 - $5,730
Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Federally funded; awarded by EFSC to students with exceptional need. Priority is given to Federal Pell Grant recipients with applications completed by the April 15 deadline. Fees may be charged to accepted awards. The grant is disbursed one week after the last day of add/drop.
Awards: $200 - $650
Florida Student Assistant Grant (FSAG)
Funded/awarded by Office of State Financial Assistance (OSFA) in Tallahassee to students with one year Florida residency, enrolled in AA or AS degree programs. Contact OSFA for information.
Awards: $200 - $2,608
Florida Public Post-secondary Career Education Student Assistance Grant Program (FSAGCE)
Funded/awarded by the Office of State Financial Assistance (OSFA) in Tallahassee to students with one year Florida residency, enrolled in certificate programs. Contact OSFA for information.
Awards: $200 - $2,608
Federal Work Study Program
View more information on this federally funded, need-based work program.
Student Assistant Employment
On campus employment for students enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours. Students must maintain an all college cumulative GPA of 2.0. Employment averages 12-15 hours a week at minimum wage.
Tuition Assistance Program for Employee Dependents (TAPED)
The Financial Aid Office may offer TAPED to eligible employee dependent students to assist them with their tuition. These programs involve an employment contract with the college whereby the student works off their tuition during the academic term. Contact your campus Financial Aid Office for eligibility requirements.
Aid and Scholarship Contacts
Deadlines & FAFSA Link
April 18, 2019: Priority financial aid application deadline for Summer 2019
June 30, 2019: Final deadline to submit a 2018-19 FAFSA
July 18, 2019: Priority financial aid application deadline for Fall 2019
November 25, 2019: Priority financial aid application deadline for Spring 2020