Transient Student Enrollment
A transient student is someone who’s currently enrolled at another college or university who will register for courses at Eastern Florida State College on a temporary, term-by-term basis, and who will not pursue a degree at EFSC. You’re interested in taking a class or classes to earn credits that you can transfer or to increase your knowledge. The steps below outline your application and course registration process. Open each step to see more information.
Steps to Enrollment
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students from Florida state public colleges and universities need to:
- Click here to visit the "Take a course at another school section" of the FloridaShines website. Once on that floridashines.org web page, read the information and then at the bottom of the page click the link called "Start or check the status of your Transient Student Admission Application Now." A new form must be provided every term that you take a course at EFSC as a transient student.
Students from Florida private and out-of-state schools should follow the steps below:
- Apply using EFSC's Online Application System
- Pay the one-time, non-refundable $30 application fee online or in person.
- Submit a transient letter or letter of good standing from your home institution. Check status of your completed online application/return your in-progress online application
Step 2: Consider attending a student orientation session.
While not mandated for transient students, orientation is recommended for all students. It’s an introduction to life at Eastern Florida. Access Orientation Information.
Step 3: Enroll for courses, pay your fees, get your Student ID card, parking decal & books.
- Registering for classes online is the easiest way to go. View the current Schedule of Classes search tool as you plan. You can also register for classes in-person at any campus Advising office.
- Check out the Tuition & Fees section for information on paying fees.
- Student ID cards are available at any EFSC Campus Security Office for free by presenting your class registration and a photo ID. This ID also will be your library card and replacing a lost card costs $10.
- A Student Parking Permit is $40, plus tax – view information on how to obtain a parking permit.
- Bookstores are located on all four campuses. At least 30 days prior to the first day of class for each term, EFSC posts a list of each textbook required for each course offered at the institution during the upcoming term. You can find the list at the bookstore website's "Find Textbooks" page, which will include the International Standard Book Number (ISBN) for each required textbook or other identifying information, the title, all authors listed, publishers, edition number, copyright date and published date.
Get Your INFO
FloridaShines — the Florida Student Hub of Innovative Educational Services — is a service of the Florida Virtual Campus. High school students, college students, parents and even counselors use this free Florida Department of Education website to help plan and track educational progress in Florida.
- Accepted Student Checklist
- Admissions & Records Contacts
- Academic Advising
- Access/Disability Services (SAIL)
- Application for Admission
- EFSC Programs & Admissions and Requirements
- Career Planning
- Check/Return to Online Application
- Child Care Information
- Class Schedule Search
- Florida Residency Guidelines & Affidavit
- Online Student Services Reference Guide
- Parking Permit Information
- Register Online
- Service Learning Program
- Tutorials/Student Services
- Voter Registration Info