Information Technology at EFSC
The mission of the Information Technology Department is to provide support for educational endeavors through access to consistent, reliable, innovative and accessible technology in support of the mission of the college.
The staff of the Information Technologies Department will:
- Support and promote the productive use of technology.
- Ensure that all technology is secure and performing reliably.
- Provide timely, effective end-user support.
- Create and Implement cost-effective solutions designed to meet the college’s needs.
- Maintain positive relationships with end-users through effective communication.
- Provide training to end-users in the use of software applications, hardware and new technology.
- Provide a reliable and secure network that supports student learning and administrative services.
- Offer technology support for network, audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, and enterprise applications to students, faculty and staff of the college.
To accomplish this mission the department is structured into the following functional areas:
Information Technologies Functional Areas
- Enterprise & Web Applications
- Learning Management System
- State and Dynamic Reporting
- Mobile Applications
Network and Infrastructure Services
- Desktop support
- Lab Management
Systems Support & Administration
- Server Maintenance
- Disaster Recovery
- Database Administration
- Enterprise & Student Email
- IT Support
- Call Center
- User Training
- IT Purchasing Recommendations