Assessment Activities at Eastern Florida State College
Assessment activities include a range of projects at EFSC. However, all projects began with the development of student learning outcomes for the degree programs.
- Faculty collect and enter student learning data using the Gen Ed-AA Reporting System during fall and spring terms.
- Faculty review of aggregated course and discipline data from the prior academic year during the fall term Cluster/Discipline Level Review. Use of results are recommended at this phase.
- The Gen Ed-AA Review Panel meets in the spring to consider the assessment information submitted by each discipline during the fall term. The panel determines the appropriateness of disciplines’ uses of results.
Career and Technical Programs:
- Faculty collect and enter student learning data using the Program Assessment Submittal System (PASS) each fall, spring, and summer term.
- Program managers/coordinators review aggregated data from the prior academic year with faculty and/or their advisory boards to determine the use of assessment results and set appropriate timelines.
- Program managers will meet for Program Review with associated College administration and staff on a rotating basis.