The Office of Planning and Assessment is responsible for carrying out the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges requirement for Institutional Effectiveness. This is a continuous process of strategic planning and student learning outcomes assessment, documenting that the college is achieving its vision, mission and goals by advancing programs and services. (SACSCOC CS 3.3.1).
Eastern Florida State College is committed to Being our Community's Center for Quality Teaching and Lifelong Learning.
Click on the categories below to read about EFSC's mission and philosophy.
To engage our diverse population in quality, accessible learning opportunities which successfully meet individual and community needs.
Eastern Florida State College fulfills its mission by offering the following:
- Specified baccalaureate degree programs through formal written agreements between the College and other regionally accredited postsecondary educational institutions or with the College for the purpose of meeting district, regional or statewide workforce needs.
- Undergraduate studies and Associate Degrees for students pursuing a Baccalaureate Degree delivered in traditional face-to-face classes, partially online classes and online classes.
- Technical and vocational training for Associate Degrees and Certificates for entering the workforce, improving professional skills, and developing new competencies.
- Instructional support services such as advisement and career guidance.
- Activities supporting cultural enrichment, economic development, sports, wellness and quality of life.
- Workshops and classes for personal growth, developmental instruction, and lifelong learning.
The College embraces the following key values and beliefs:
- RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL (COURTESY/CIVILITY):
Central to our philosophy is respect for the individual, manifested through courtesy and civility in every endeavor.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE:
Recognizing that we exist in a dynamic environment, we foster innovation to promote continuous improvement in student, employee, and organizational development.
- PASSION FOR LEARNING:
As an educational catalyst, the College sparks the flame of human curiosity by creating an environment to ignite and sustain a passion for lifelong learning.
- LEADERSHIP, EMPOWERMENT, INTEGRITY:
We value leadership styles that engender trust and confidence, and that empower people to make sound decisions.
- TEAMWORK, SENSE OF BELONGING:
We encourage a sense of belonging by employees and students through promoting an atmosphere of teamwork that embraces the college’s mission and goals.
We provide quality service to students, colleagues, and the community with the intention that all those served achieve higher levels of success and satisfaction.
Through systematic review and evaluation, we are publicly accountable to achieve our mission.
- SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT:
We value achievement and reward those who strive to do their best.
Dr. Linda Miedema
VP, Academic Affairs &
Chief Learning Officer
"Everyone is a part of the assessment process at the College and your input and involvement will help us achieve excellence."
- Improving Academic Performance
- Improving the College's Financial Position
- Improving Students' Collegiate Experience
- Making Students Ready for the Job Market