Keeping our campuses clean
EFSC complies with the cleaning standards established by the Florida Department of Education for a community college. Essentially the standard requires that:
Floors and base moldings shine and/or are bright and clean. There is no buildup in corners or along walls, but there can be up to two days' worth of dirt, dust, stains, or streaks.
- All vertical and horizontal surfaces are clean, but marks, dust, smudges, and fingerprints are noticeable with close observation.
- Washroom and shower tile and fixtures gleam and are odor-free. Supplies are adequate.
- Trash containers and pencil sharpeners are empty, clean, and odor-free.
The Custodial Services contract outlines the specific custodial responsibilities and the frequency of the duties to be performed. The majority of the cleaning is accomplished from 5 PM to 1 AM.
• Classrooms, laboratories, public assembly areas and restrooms are cleaned daily.
• Offices, conference rooms, office support areas are cleaned two days each week.
A small group of custodians known as "day porters" work during the day at all four
campuses. The day porters' primary responsibility is to respond to custodial issues
that may occur during the day. They also clean areas that are inaccessible during
the evening hours and are responsible for freshening bathrooms and emptying cigarette
bins and trash cans.
Contacts & Information
Unexpected Cleaning Needs:
• Call ext. 7200 to report liquid spills, water flowing, floods and broken glass or shards
• Call Campus Security to report a hazardous condition or the presence of bodily fluids that to be removed
• Cleaning needs that do not require an urgent response, click here to initiate a work order
Extracurricular Event or Non-College Affiliated Group Custodial Services Request:
• Contact Debbie Snapp
Questions or Concerns? Contact:
Bob Jones, Dir., Custodial Services