Promoting High Tech Careers
The MYTechHire Program at Eastern Florida State College helps connect students, industry professionals and employers with the resources they need to get started or advance in the information technology and advanced manufacturing industries. Our services include customized advising, workshops and classes in our state-of-the-art computer labs, mentoring, and workforce training programs.
Florida East Coast TechHire is a federal grant-funded program made up of three Florida colleges working to enhance career opportunities in Advanced Manufacturing and IT.
The Advanced Manufacturing pathway includes a series of certification courses that combine lecture and hands-on learning. Courses/Certifications include:
- IPC J-STD-001 (Certified IPC Specialist)
- IPC-A-610 (Acceptability of Electronics Assemblies)
- IPC-A-620 (Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies)
- Certified Production Technician
- Maintenance Operations (OSHA, etc.)
The Information Technology courses are offered in a classroom format with online tools and hands-on labs proctored by industry-certified instructors. Courses/Certifications include:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Project+, Security+
MYTechHire is part of a national study to test if offering individuals skills training and extra support services helps participants complete training and find employment in middle-high skill jobs. Support services and spaces in specific trainings are limited. Eligible applicants will be chosen by a computerized selection process.