Promoting High Tech Careers
The MYTechHire Program at Eastern Florida State College helps connect students, industry professionals and employers with the resources they need to get started or advance in the information technology and advanced manufacturing industries. Our services include customized advising, workshops and classes in our state-of-the-art computer labs, mentoring, workforce training programs and professional field trips.
Florida TechHire is a federal grant-funded program made up of three Florida colleges working to enhance career opportunities in Advanced Manufacturing and IT. The EFSC MYTechHire team is working with CareerSource Brevard and using grant funding to strengthen existing EFSC programs plus develop new training and industry certification programs.
The Advanced Manufacturing pathway includes a series of certification courses that combine lecture and hands-on learning. Courses/Certifications include:
- IPC J-STD-001 (Certified IPC Specialist)
- Certified Production Technician
- Maintenance Operations (OSHA, etc.)
The Information Technology courses are offered in a classroom format with online tools and hands-on labs proctored by industry-certified instructors. Courses/Certifications include:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Project+, Security+
- Java SE8 Oracle Certification
- CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCENT/CCNA)