Seeking Employment As A Law Enforcement Officer?
In addition to screenings for the EFSC Public Safety Institute and the Equivalency of Training review process, the Brevard Police Testing Center (BPTC) also conducts pre-employment screening for the 14 law enforcement agencies in Brevard County on the Space Coast.
- Brevard County Sheriff's Office
- Cocoa Beach Police Department
- Cocoa Police Department
- Indialantic Police Department
- Indian Harbour Beach Police Department
- Melbourne Police Department
- Melbourne Beach Police Department
- Melbourne Village Police Department
- Palm Bay Police Department
- Rockledge Police Department
- Satellite Beach e Police Department
- Titusville Police Department
- West Melbourne Police Department
- Melbourne Airport Authority Police Department
These agencies operate BPTC to provide a unified application process with the following advantages to you:
- A single application is available to all agencies.
- You avoid many redundant background-screening steps and visits.
- Very competitive salary and benefits.
- The mix of small, medium and large agencies provides you with a variety of career opportunities.
- Since these agencies together have more than 800 law enforcement officer positions, selection through BPTC is continuous.
If you would like to learn more about these opportunities, including salary information and links to the agencies we serve, please see the Agency Links page or call the BPTC at 321-433-5638 or 433-5640 for a copy of our Applicant Information Package.
Entering the BPTC Employment Pool
All applicants seeking admission to the BPTC employment pool must complete the assessment process. Certified applicants must complete the Candidate Self-Report (CSR) and Physical Abilities Assessment (PAA). Certified applicants are subject to the CSR Interview, the post-assessment screening process, and are subject to the BPTC Minimum Standards for Admission and the Standards of Good Moral Character as outlined in the Florida Administrative Code, Rule 11B-27.
Applicants who have received a conditional offer of employment from a local agency will be processed in accordance with the requirements of the hiring agency.
Testing and assessment are scheduled at the Brevard Police Testing Center (BPTC) twice each month, except when holidays conflict. Assessments are followed by an orientation to our background investigation process.
All fees are non-refundable.
Certified applicants being processed for a hiring agency may have fees paid on their behalf by the agency or may be reimbursed expenses at the discretion of the agency.