How to Apply to the Pharmacy Technician Program
NOTE: Students must be 18 years old at the start of the program. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Fall Term is the entry point each academic year for this two-semester program. Review each section of the accordion table below for detailed requirements.
Click on the application steps for more information.
Click on the application steps for more information. Click on the application steps for more information
Verify EFSC General Admissions Status (Current, New, or Returning)
Students must be current students at Eastern Florida State College when applying to the Pharmacy Technician program.
NEW STUDENTS: For students new to EFSC, complete the EFSC online application for admission prior to the Dental Hygiene program application deadline. There is a $30 non-refundable application fee that must be paid before the application can be processed. In addition, new EFSC students need to
- Submit official High School Transcripts (or GED scores) to General Admissions.
- Submit official transcripts from any and all colleges attended prior to EFSC (if applicable)
- Provide FL Residency documentation, complete the New Student Orientation, and finalize any other EFSC General Admissions requirements.
RETURNING STUDENTS: Returning/readmit students who have not completed a course in the past year must also re-apply online. There is no application fee for a readmit application. Readmit Students need to
- Submit official transcripts from any and all colleges attended since their last enrollment at EFSC (if applicable).
- Provide FL Residency documentation, and complete any other EFSC General Admissions requirements.
CURRENT STUDENTS: Current Students may move on to the next step.
Complete the Online Pharmacy Tech Application
Complete the online Health Sciences Application for Pharmacy Tech for a Fall Term 2019 start. A $25 application fee will be charged and payment is due by the application deadline. This fee is non-removable and non-refundable.
An UNOFFICIAL copy of every college transcript is required with the Health Science application. Unofficial EFSC transcripts can be accessed at www.floridashines.org
Take the TABE test
ALL Applicants must take the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) prior to the deadline and submit a copy of their results with their application packet. An earned score of 10 in all areas is required to graduate from the program.
Information concerning test registration is available at your local General Admissions Office or by calling 321-632-1111.
Students who meet certain criteria or already have a degree may be exempt from the TABE. For inquiries, see a General Admissions or Testing advisor for more information.
Submit all application materials
The following application materials must be submitted to the Health Sciences Admissions Office in Melbourne (Building 15, Room 101) by the application deadline:
1. Applicants must submit an unofficial EFSC transcript, and transcripts from any other college(s) previously attended. Students who have not taken at least 12 hours of college credit must submit unofficial high school transcripts as well.
2. Applicants must submit proof of Work Experience form, if applicable.
3. Applicants must submit a typed, one page essay on the following topic: "Why Do I Want to Become a Pharmacy Technician?"
4. Applicants must review and sign the Physical Demands and Performance Standards form.
5. TABE test scores (valid for 2 years) or exemption form.