CT Application Procedure
All Computed Tomography applicants must be current students at EFSC. Students who need to apply or readmit to the college should follow the EFSC General Admissions steps before applying to the CT program. For questions contact Health Sciences Advising at 321-433-7575 or email@example.com
Application Deadlines for next program start, Fall Term 2020 (August):
April 1, 2020: For prospective students who need to utilize an EFSC Clinical Affiliate in Brevard
County to meet the program's 24 hour/week clinical requirement
June 15, 2020: For students who will not be utilizing an EFSC clinical affiliate within Brevard County, FL (ie: out-of-area students who will be meeting the 24 hour/week clinical requirement by cross-training at their respective jobs.)
All CT applicants must satisfy the program entrance requirements outlined below. Applicants must submit the materials listed below to the Nursing and Health Science Admissions and Advising Office by the application deadline. Materials can be sent via:
- Drop off or mail: EFSC Melbourne Campus, Building 15, Room 101, 3865 N Wickham Rd, Melbourne, FL 32935
- Fax: 321-433-7579
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials to Submit:
- Apply online to the Computed Tomography program
- Pay the $25 application fee online or at the cashier's office.
- Unofficial transcripts: all colleges and universities attended, including EFSC
- CPR card
- Essay: "Why am I choosing to become an CT specialist?" (typed, one page)
- Proof of current ARRT Certification in Radiography, Radiation Therapy; or current NMTCB Certification in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Health-related experience form (if applicable)
- Video: 3-5 minutes long; Submit the link or DVD. See Selection Criteria for more information.
- Clinical Placement Form
EFSC Radiography Technology Program Exception: Current EFSC Radiography students, who are expected to graduate Spring Term (May), are eligible to submit an application to the CT and MRI programs by the application deadline. Program acceptance for current Radiography students is “contingent”, based on seats available AND proof of ARRT certification and state licensure received by August 1. All applicants with current certification and licensure by the application deadline will be given priority acceptance.
On the day following the application deadline, application files will be sent to the Computed Tomography Admissions Committee for consideration. Once the file is sent to the committee, it will be closed to additional information. Incomplete files will not be considered for program admission. All applicants will be notified by mail of their status in the program.