Programs that lead to careers
The Nursing & Health Sciences Institute operates districtwide, offering course work
on the Cocoa, Melbourne, Palm Bay and Titusville campuses. We're also home to a regional
training center for the American Heart Association.
EFSC provides state-of-the-art classrooms and clinical laboratory facilities where students learn to apply their specialized skills. Human Patient Simulation Technology is utilized throughout the curriculum so students can practice their newly learned skill and see the consequences of their actions before they work on a live patient.
Course work can lead to a variety of degrees and certificates — all of which will fast-track you into your desired career field. Check the menu in this section for the full list of programs. Continuing education courses are also offered on a wide array of health-related topics. Many emergency first aid and CPR classes are available through the American Heart Association.
Applicants for our programs must be 18 years of age prior to the start of their intended program's clinical courses. For more information about program requirements, please view the program links to the left and/or contact our specialized Admission and Advising office.
Please Note: Beginning in January 2017, several programs will be moving to a new building on the Melbourne Campus. The list includes programs with careers practiced primarily in a hospital-based setting. Those programs moving to Melbourne are marked with an *
Nursing & Health Sciences Programs
- *Computed Tomography (CT) A.T.C.
- Dental Assisting A.T.D. (Health Sciences)
- Dental Assisting Technology & Management A.S. (Health Sciences)
- Dental Hygiene A.S. (Health Sciences)
- *Diagnostic Medical Sonography A.S.(Health Sciences)
- *Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) A.T.C.
- Medical Assistant C.C.C and A.S. (Nursing)
- Medical Information Coder/Biller C.C.C. (Health Sciences)
- Medical Laboratory Technology A.S. (Health Sciences)
- *Nursing/RN A.S. (Nursing)
- Patient Care Assistant PSAV (Nursing)
- Phlebotomy PSAV (Health Sciences)
- *Physical Therapist Assistant A.S.(Health Sciences)
- *Practical Nursing/LPN PSAV (Nursing)
- *Radiography A.S. (Health Sciences)
- *Respiratory Care A.S.(Health Sciences)
- *Surgical Technology (Nursing)
- Transition to Associate Degree Nursing / RN
- Veterinary Technology A.S. (Health Sciences)
Health Experience Form
Permission to Release Education Records
Transcript Request Form
Should Students need to make an accident claim, they can obtain claim forms and information from their instructors or download the following PDF forms:
Student Insurance Claim Form
Student Insurance Certificate
Student Insurance FAQ & Claims Handling Information