Nursing & Health Sciences go beyond education, shaping the minds & souls of those with the passion to become the guardians of health in their community.
The Nursing and Healthcare Core at EFSC focuses on the concepts common to all health care occupations. Content includes health care delivery systems with emphasis on Health Occupations, Communication Skills, Legal and Ethical responsibilities, Wellness and Disease concepts, Infection Control, CPR, Introductory First Aid and Safety, Medical Terminology, Employability, Computer Skills and Human Simulation. Students can receive CPR certification through the American Heart Association, in addition to other certifications that are imperative to working in the health field. Courses are available at various campuses, and online!
Meet Sami LaPre
- Applied Health Sciences BAS
- Computed Tomography (CT) A.T.C.
- Dental Assisting A.T.D. (Cocoa)
- Dental Assisting Technology & Management A.S. (Cocoa)
- Dental Hygiene A.S. (Cocoa)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography A.S.(Melbourne)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) A.T.C.
- Medical Assistant C.C.C and A.S. (Cocoa, Palm Bay)
- Medical Information Coder/Biller C.C.C. (Cocoa)
- Medical Laboratory Technology A.S. (Cocoa)
- Nursing/RN A.S. (Melbourne)
- Patient Care Assistant PSAV (Titusville, Palm Bay)
- Pharmacy Technician A.T.D.(Melbourne - Starting Fall 2017)
- Phlebotomy PSAV (Cocoa, Palm Bay - Starting Fall 2017)
- Physical Therapist Assistant A.S.(Melbourne)
- Practical Nursing/LPN PSAV (Melbourne)
- Radiography A.S. (Melbourne)
- Respiratory Care A.S.(Melbourne)
- Surgical Technology (Melbourne)
- Transition to Associate Degree Nursing / RN(Titusville)
- Veterinary Technology A.S. (Cocoa)
The Nursing & Health Sciences Institute, headquartered on the Cocoa Campus, provides state-of-the-art classrooms and clinical laboratory facilities where students learn to apply their specialized skills in Nursing, Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting, Patient Care Assistant, Dental Assisting Technology and Management, Radiography, Veterinary Technology, Medical Information Coder/Biller and much more.