Are you energetic, capable of multitasking, flexible, good with youth and nurturing towards others? Education might be for you.
Teaching is a rewarding career and Eastern Florida State College is a terrific place to begin. EFSC offers many courses for college students to transfer to a university that will help prepare them for a major in education to work as an elementary, middle or high school teacher. In addition, courses at EFSC also can lead to the certifications or training necessary to work as an Early Childhood Education Teacher or a classroom aide.
Meet Marika Koch
Transfer Degree to Bachelor's Degree
• Associate in Arts (meet with an advisor to ensure electives align with bachelor's-level academic goals)
• EFSC AA to UCF BS in Education: Elementary Education & Early Childhood Education Articulation Agreement
Associate in Science
• Early Childhood Education
Related College Credit Certificates
• Child Care Center Management
• Child Development Early Intervention
• FCCPC- Florida Child Care Provider Certificate
• Infant/Toddler Specialization
• Preschool Specialization
Courses at EFSC include electives required for majors in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Single Subject Specialization for Secondary Education and Exceptional Education. Education students will learn the history and philosophy of education, Florida Code of Ethics, how to teach diverse learners and how to create and follow lesson plans. The following three courses are recommended for students pursuing a bachelor's degree in education and will be used for elective credit: EDF 1005, Introduction to the Teaching Profession; EME 2040, Introduction to Technology for Educators, and EDF 2085, Introduction to Diversity for Educators. Please see an advisor for more information.