Postsecondary Adult Vocational Certificates Information
In fall 2015, EFSC converted all Postsecondary Adult Vocational Certificate (PSAV) program to clock-hour programs. A PSAV consists of a series of courses that prepare students for entry level employment in specific career fields. Upon completion of the certificate program, students continuing their education in a related A.S. degree program may be awarded credit in selected A.S. degree courses as noted in the institution’s catalog listings.
Students will be assessed tuition by the clock-hour, and transcripts will reflect the clock-hours attended instead of “credits.”
Graduation Requirements for the Postsecondary Adult Vocational Certificate
Responsibility for meeting the requirements for graduation rests with the student. The PSAV is awarded to those students who have:
- Filed an "Intent to Graduate" Application on or before the published deadline. This includes payment of the graduation fee.
- Satisfactorily completed courses within the program.
- Met all admissions requirements, including submission of all required high school and prior college transcripts.
- Removed all financial obligations to the college. Final transcripts or diploma will not be released until student has removed all financial obligations to the college.
- Completed at least 25% of the program credit hours through coursework at Eastern Florida State College.
- Achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher in the courses that comprise the program.
- An "I - Incomplete" received in term of graduation is calculated as an "F" for purposes of computing the student's GPA for graduation. If the course work is completed within three weeks of the beginning of the following term, resulting in a passing grade, the student's transcript will be amended.
Veterans enrolled in PSAV programs may be eligible to receive benefits. Please contact the Veterans Affairs office to determine eligible programs. Veterans certified under a PSAV program will be certified to the VA in clock hours per week instead of credit hours per term. The following chart shows how many clock hours per week are required to be full time, 3/4 time, or 1/2 time:
|VA RATE TABLE||15-19 weeks||13 weeks||12 or 11 weeks||10 weeks||9 weeks||8 weeks||6 weeks|
Students enrolled in Vocational Certificate programs who earned a standard high school diploma or equivalent may be eligible for financial aid including: PELL Grants, work study, scholarships, guaranteed bank loans, Work Force Development and Veterans benefits. Not all programs are eligible for financial aid. See the Eastern Florida Programs and Admissions Requirements page for eligible programs.
Course certificates of completion are awarded at the discretion of the instructor and the appropriate department chair for satisfactory achievement in selected courses or groups of courses. Students must file a request with the instructor. These certificates document completion of coursework only, not graduation from the program.
Students must complete an application for admission to Eastern Florida State College. See the "EFSC Programs and Admissions Requirements" for specific admission requirements such as testing and high school graduation.
Note: Eastern Florida State College Vocational Certificate programs prepare the student for an entry-level job in a career field. Selected courses may supplement the theoretical knowledge and skills of employed workers.