Prepare to pursue a Health Services Administration degree

If your A.A. degree is the first step in moving on to a bachelor's level Health Services Administration Program, you want to plan carefully now. The transfer GPS plans in this area prepare students to pursue a four-year degree in health services administration/management at a Florida public university or Florida College System (FCS) institution that offers a bachelor's degree. Students are encouraged to complete the recommended transfer GPS that will support their intended baccalaureate degree program. Our plans take into account whether you are a full- or part-time student and whether you will take developmental education (Dev Ed) courses to prepare for college level credit courses, so choose the plan that fits your situation.

A health services administration degree can be part of the academic preparation for many rewarding careers, including, but not limited to, working in the non-clinical field as a Finance Administrator, Health Benefits Manager, Clinic Manager, Health Information Manager, Home Healthcare Director, Hospital Administrator, Insurance Specialist, Medical Services Manager, Nursing Care Facility Manager or Resource Specialist. Students interested in a clinical career can explore Occupational Therapist, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Physician, Physician Assistant, Public Health Specialist or Researcher.

The courses listed in the health services administration plans are common prerequisites which are required for a health services administration major at the university or state college level. For more information on common prerequisites, check the statewide advising manual at The courses listed in the transfer GPS were selected to meet specific course requirements as either general education requirements or electives within Eastern Florida State College's A.A. degree program.

Remember that each transfer GPS is a guideline and does not guarantee admission to a college or university. Requirements may vary by institution and can change each year. Students are encouraged to consult an EFSC advisor or check with the advising or admissions office at the intended transfer institution.