Associate Degree Pathways to an Education Bachelor's Degree
These transfer GPS plans prepare students to pursue a four-year degree in Education at a Florida public university or Florida College System (FCS) institution that offers an Education bachelor's degree. Students are encouraged to complete the recommended transfer GPS that will support their intended baccalaureate degree program.
An education degree can be part of the academic preparation for many rewarding careers, including, but not limited to, working as a teacher, curriculum developer, guidance counselor, health educator, instructional coordinator, librarian, social service manager, social worker, textbook sales manager or training specialist. Non-classroom careers may require additional education.
The courses listed in the Education plans are common prerequisites which are required for an education major at the university level. For more information on common prerequisites, check the statewide advising manual at floridashines.org. The courses listed in each transfer GPS were selected to meet specific course requirements as either general education requirements or electives within Eastern Florida State College's A.A. degree program.
In addition to our general A.A. to Bachelor's Education Transfer GPS, EFSC has also established articulation agreements with the following institutions to enable EFSC students to transfer into their specific education programs and created transfer pathways to assist with planning while at EFSC. Eastern Florida students also can earn college credit for education courses completed at a Brevard County Public high school.
University of Central Florida
Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Transfer GPS: A.A. to FSCJ Early Education B.S.
- Transfer GPS: A.S. to FSCJ Early Education B.S.
- FSCJ Articulation Agreement
St. Petersburg College
Remember that each transfer GPS is a guideline and does not guarantee admission to a college or university. Requirements may vary by institution and can change each year. Students are encouraged to consult an EFSC advisor or check with the advising or admissions office at the intended transfer institution.
- A.A. Pathway: Bachelor's in Education
- A.A. Pathway: UCF Elem. Ed. Bachelor's
- A.A. Pathway: FSCJ Early Childhood B.S.
- A.S. Pathway: FSCJ Early Childhood B.S.
- A.A. Pathway: SPC Elem. Ed Bachelor's
State University System & FCS Schools Offering Education Bachelor's Programs
- Chipola College
- Daytona State College
- Florida A&M University
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida International University
- Florida State College Jacksonville
- Florida State University
- Florida Southwestern State College
- Indian River State College
- Northwest Florida State College
- South Florida State College
- St. Petersburg College
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of North Florida
- University of South Florida
- USF-St. Petersburg
- University of West Florida