Get matched with a coach
To address the perceived hurdles a student faces during college, the Core Scholar program includes an enhanced mentoring program to increase student awareness of the resources available at EFSC.
This program includes trained faculty and staff who meet with students on their home campus at least four times per term to help them learn about college resources and procedures, the requirements of graduation and transfers and career planning.
This mentoring relationship involves students setting goals and working with the coach to track their progress towards attaining those goals. Benefits of this element of the Core Scholar program include:
- Meaningful interactions with faculty or staff members in
- One-to-one or group sessions
- Access to consistent advising
- Familiarity with campus resources
- Development of short and long term goals
- Help tracking your progress toward accomplishing your goals
- Support determining your academic and career interests
Success Coaches are available to any student, but to complete this portion of the
Core Scholar Program and qualify for program benefits, a student must meet with a
Success Coach over two semesters.
Success Coaching Contacts
To be matched with a Success Coach contact your Associate Provost's Office.
- Cocoa: Bldg. 5, Rm. 131, 321-433-7661
- Melbourne: Bldg. 1, Rm. 126, 321-433-5591
- Palm Bay: Bldg. 1, Rm. 206, 321-433-5160
- Titusville: Bldg. 5, Rm. 105, 321-433-5014
Success Coaching Program Questions
Success Coaching Core Scholar Designation Requirement
- Student must meet with a Success Coach over two semesters