Become a Core Scholar
The Core Scholar Program is designed to help Eastern Florida College students achieve success in college and ultimately in the workplace. Employers and transfer universities want you to have academic knowledge, but also qualities and skills beyond what you learn in class.
Why become a Core Scholar? A Core Scholar:
- Applies self-discipline
- Demonstrates motivation
- Possesses self-efficacy
- Engages with faculty, other students and college resources
- Receives cool benefits such as special graduation regalia and Core Scholar transcript notation
This program is designed to help you develop those skills and reach your academic and personal goals.
Any EFSC student is eligible & will find value:
- Struggling students to academic superstars
- Students who don’t participate in any extracurricular activities to those with a planner full of events
- Students with no idea about their career goals to those with a solid plan
There's no need to sign up as a Core Scholar, you just start taking advantage the parts you want by following the steps for each component. However, participate in all four program components, and complete the specified requirements for each, and you can be designated a Core Scholar and receive perks, including distinction at graduation and a transcript notation.
Click the four components to learn more and get involved in that Core Scholar Program segment:
Contacts & Events
Contact the Associate Provost's office on your campus to connect with the Core Scholar
Cocoa: Bldg. 5, Rm. 131, 321-433-7661
Melbourne: Bldg. 1, Rm. 126, 321-433-5591
Palm Bay: Bldg. 1, Rm. 206, 321-433-5160
Titusville: Bldg. 5, Rm. 105, 321-433-5014