Take the lead and succeed with a career in Office Administration
EFSC's Office Administration program is designed to prepare graduates for positions as legal office assistants, administrative assistants, accounting clerks and office managers. Up-to-date computer labs on EFSC's Titusville and Cocoa campuses provide opportunities for applied learning. Classes take place in an open lab structure. Open labs have flexible scheduling within the labs' hours of operation. This program is also available online.
Office Administration Pathways
Did You Know?
- The Office Administration program can be completed at the Cocoa campus, Titusville campus or e-Learning/online and offers the AS degree as well as four college credit certificates.
- This is not a limited access programs. No instructor signature is required to register for the OST courses except for the internship course.
- All OST classes that are on the Cocoa or Titusville campus take place in an open computer lab structure. This means there are no set class times or traditional lecture, only lab hours.
- Flexible scheduling of lab hours can occur within the operational hours of the computer lab times.
- Students are required to spend 3 hours a week in the lab for each 3 credit hour course. Failure to meet weekly lab hour requirements will negatively impact a student’s grade regardless of performance on work assignments.
- Lab hours for the Cocoa and Titusville Office Administration Labs – During the day the labs are open 9am to 5pm (Titusville) and 10am to 5pm (Cocoa), Monday through Thursday. Evening hours are also available in the labs two to three nights per week up to 8PM, depending on instructor and lab assistant availability.
Office Administration Associate in Science Degrees (OFAS)
College Credit Certificates are also embedded in this A.S. degree program.
The Office Administration A.S.degree may be fully completed online. However, the Internship course will require direct supervision by the internship host site.
College Credit Certificates
The College Catalog includes the following College Credit Certificates:
• Office Specialist CCC / General (18 credit hours)
View the Gainful Employment information for the Office Specialist certificate.
• Medical Office Management CCC (34 credit hours)
• Office Management CCC (27 credit hours)
• Office Support CCC (12 credit hours)
- No placement test required
- No General Education courses needed
- Use certificate courses to build toward completing the A.S. degree in Office Administration
Internship Course Information
Credit for High School Courses
If you recently completed or are enrolled in an Academy of Finance, Accounting 1 and 2, or Computing for College and Careers course through Brevard Public Schools you may be eligible to receive credit towards your certificate or degree in Office Administration.
Save time and money!
Microsoft Office Systems (MOS) Industry Certification
You may be eligible for free college credit.
If you have earned an industry certification in Microsoft Office Systems you may be eligible to receive college credit toward the Office Administration degree program!
Credit for MOS Industry Certification
Students who have a current MOS certification (bundle) and passed at least three of the five tests may be eligible to receive free college credit. View the links below to find out more.