Want a fast-paced, exciting career? Have you always loved to cook?
Central Florida is one of the top tourist destinations in the world. The Commercial Foods and Culinary Arts program at Eastern Florida State College's is located close to Port Canaveral, the United State's second largest passenger cruise port. With more than 40,000 food service workers employed in the Central Florida region, culinary arts and food production offer a unique opportunity to enter this fast-growing field right away. Careers include culinary manager, food and beverage manager, pantry cook, executive chef and many more.
Starting in January 2018 Eastern Florida State College will offer an Associate in Science degree in Culinary Management on the Cocoa Campus. NOTE: As of June 2017 the Post Secondary Adult Vocational Certificate (PSAV) Commercial Foods/Culinary Arts program is closed to new students.
Culinary Management A.S. Degree
Program Fast Facts
- This program will prepare a person to work in most areas of an industrial or commercial kitchen.
- Students may attend full-time or part-time.
- Culinary courses will be taught during the daytime and will only be offered on the Cocoa campus.
- The program is limited access and a special application is required. The application deadline for the AS degree program is to be determined.
- A GED or High School Diploma is required for the college credit program.
- A general EFSC application is required and must be completed first before starting the Culinary Management AS degree, limited access program application.
- View the Testing department web page for information on the college placement test requirements for college credit courses.
- Many courses occur at EFSC's commercial kitchens with the goal of preparing students to work in the culinary field. Standing for hours at a time, lifting items over 40 pounds, performing repetitive motions such as chopping and slicing and working in a hot environment are just some of the physical demands of the program.
Program Application Process & Expenses
The Culinary Management AS degree program is a limited access program and with a custom application process. If you need assistance applying or cannot apply online, contact the program contact.
Approved kitchen uniforms and shoes are required and are an expense in addition to the tuition.