Contact & Key Dates
Spring 2018 Full-Term Classes
Online Classes Begin:
January 8, 2018
Fall Term 2018 BSN application opened January 1 and closes May 10, 2018
Spring Term 2019 BSN application opens July 1 and closes September 30
Nursing: RN to BSN degree at Eastern Florida State College
The goal of the Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Nursing RN to BSN) program is to provide access to a baccalaureate degree that is both affordable and available within the local service area. The program's online coursework accommodates the varying needs of both traditional full-time students and working adults.
The mission at EFSC's RN to BSN program is to challenge the associate degree nurse to integrate evidence-based practice, cultural awareness and professional leadership in a global healthcare community and to nurture a commitment to lifelong learning.
The RN to BSN Program at Eastern Florida State College (ESFC) is designed for RNs who have already earned their Associate in Science degree in Nursing. The curriculum and coursework build upon students' fundamental nursing knowledge and skills and allow them the opportunity to expand beyond the clinical aspect of nursing.
The RN to BSN degree is a fully online program designed for current Registered Nurses who meet the admissions criteria and would like to continue their education to the Bachelor's level for the purpose of career advancement and academic growth. This degree also prepares graduates for eventual application to a Master's-level program should they choose to further their academic career.
Annual application deadlines:
- Fall Term BSN application opened January 1 and closes May 10, 2018
- Spring Term BSN application opens July 1 and closes September 30
Admissions Criteria & Process
- Associate degree in nursing (ASN) from a regionally accredited institution
- Active, clear, unencumbered Florida Registered Nursing license (hard copy not required; applicants must enter the license number and expiration date into EFSC's online admissions application)
- Submit all final, official regionally accredited college transcript(s) indicating the coursework taken and the degree(s) awarded by the application deadline.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of "C" or higher: BSCC 1010, BSCC 2093, BSCC 2094, ENC 1101, MAC 1105, MCBC 2010, PSY 2012, SPC 2608 and an eligible three-credit humanities course (submitted transcripts will be verified to ensure completion of required courses). Visit the proposed program of study page for more details on these required courses.
A $30 application fee is due at the time of application. Paying the application fee does not guarantee admission to the RN to BSN program. To apply, visit EFSC's Online Application, and select "RN to BSN program" from the drop-down menu after logging into the application system.
This degree program has approval from the State Department of Education and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).