Answering the statewide Bachelor's Degree challenge
Eastern Florida State College is even more affordable for qualified students interested in pursuing the College's Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S) degrees in Applied Health Sciences and Computer Information Systems Technology. These two degrees have been made available at the low cost of no more than $10,000 in out-of-pocket costs for four years of study as students work toward first their associate's degree and then their bachelor's. The cost reduction is in support of Gov. Rick Scott's challenge to Florida colleges to provide bachelor’s degrees in high-demand fields at a great value.
The Applied Health Sciences B.A.S. focuses on the rapidly expanding fields in health sciences with the choice of two concentrations: Advanced Allied Health and Biomedical Science.
The Computer Information Systems Technology B.A.S. prepare students for fast-growing career paths in the computer industry. Students choose from three tracks: Networking Systems, Program Development and Software Development, and Project Management.
Initial Program Eligibility
Students must satisfy all of the following requirements to qualify for the $10,000 B.A.S. degree in Applied Health Sciences or Computer Information Systems Technology:
- Meet Florida residency requirements
- Have a cumulative 3.0 GPA in all completed college coursework including Dual Enrollment
- Provide high school transcripts (credits received through accelerated credit must not exceed 15 credits)
- Demonstrate status as First Time in College Student (not including dual enrollment courses)
- Complete required developmental classes
Program Acceptance and Ongoing Requirements
Eligible students must apply for the $10,000 B.A.S. Program by July 30 before the start of their freshman year as an associate degree student. For more information, students should contact the College's Bachelor's Degree Advisors via email at Bachelor@easternflorida.edu or by phone at 321-632-1111.
The B.A.S. advisor will assist with submitting the program application. Students must specify on the application which B.A.S. degree program they will pursue. Upon acceptance into the program, students must meet the following requirements on a continuing basis:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA while enrolled in their Associate's degree program
- Apply for their specific Bachelor's specialization upon completion of their A.S. or A.A. program
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full-time student at Eastern Florida State College taking a minimum of (12) credit hours each fall and spring term toward completion of an Associate's degree followed by the B.A.S. degree in Computer Information Systems Technology or Applied Health Sciences at EFSC
- Successfully complete each course with a grade of "C" or higher
- Adhere to the established program of study
How the Program Works
Students accepted into the program who successfully meet the ongoing requirements are eligible to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the programs offered for a total of no more than $10,000. Once the student’s total “out of pocket costs” reach $10,000, the BAS Foundation account will assume the remaining tuition costs. “Out of pocket costs” include payments to EFSC in the forms of cash, check, credit cards, Florida Pre-Paid Tuition Program payments or tuition-based loans. Not considered “out of pocket costs” are the following: Federal or State grants, Bright Future Scholarship awards, dual enrollment, Institutional and Foundation scholarships, waivers, and/or exemption fees related to parking, labs, non-resident charges, access, books, graduation, transcripts, full cost tuition, costs incurred at other institutions, course work taken more than once and courses taken in excess of 150 total credit hours. A degree audit is done to ensure continued eligibility in the program.