Free Writing Assistance
The EFSC-UCF Writing Center located on the Cocoa campus is free to all EFSC and UCF students, faculty and staff. Our center provides the following services:
- Computers for academic use, including Microsoft Word and Editor for creating and editing documents
- Writing resources including citation style books, grammar and usage handbooks, a variety of helpful reference sheets, plus a web-based 24/7 resources page
- Workshops on academic writing topics
- One-on-one or small group tutoring sessions to improve writing and reading skills
Writing Center tutors are available to meet with EFSC and UCF students writing in any discipline. From choosing a topic to drafting and revising, we help students gain the skills to overcome writer’s block, cite sources, organize ideas, edit and proofread. We can assist with any writing project: scholarship application essays, course assignments, résumés, creative writing, reports or other documents for publication. All writers need readers, regardless of experience or skill.
Tutors may offer advice on grammar, organization and clarity, but the final responsibility for writing the paper is the student’s. We will never compose or revise a paper for the writer. Writing Center Tutors don’t grade papers or report the contents of a tutoring session to instructors without the writer’s permission. One-on-one tutoring sessions are relaxed, friendly and constructive. To explore the process further, check our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Writing Center resources are convenient to use at any time. Free reference sheets on necessities like MLA or APA styles, thesis statements, grammar, or introductions and conclusions are always available, along with our collection of citation guides. The Writing Center’s collection of books offer instruction on writing everything from argument papers to technical documents to poetry.
We suggest bringing the following items to a tutoring session:
- A printed version of the latest draft of your written work
- Instructor's assignment guidelines
- A flash drive so you can save any changes or corrections you make during the consultation
- Printouts or photocopies of sources used
- A list of any questions or concerns
- An open mind and a willingness to accept constructive feedback
We strongly encourage appointments, but we will do our best to accommodate walk-ins. Please visit, email or call the Center to reserve a 30 or a 60 minute consultation.
EFSC students can request an appointment by calling 321-433-7873 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
EFSC-UCF Writing Center
Cocoa Campus, Building 12, Room 331
Hours for Fall 2016 Term
Monday - Thursday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Writing Center Coordinator
Online writing resources are available on our LibGuides site. Click below.