Support to generate success
TRiO Student Support Services at Eastern Florida State College provides free academic support for eligible students to help them stay in college until they complete their degree or certificate.
This federal program serves students with an academic need who are also:
- First-generation college students (whose natural or adoptive parents have not completed a bachelor's degree); and/or
- Students who have economic challenges; and/or
- Students with a disability
If you think you qualify for TRiO, follow our easy steps to apply.
Research shows that students who participate in the program are more than twice as likely to remain in college compared to students from similar backgrounds who did not take part.
Eastern Florida's TRiO services & benefits include:
- Academic Advisement
- Academic Tutoring: Private and/or Group Sessions
- Advocacy for Student Rights
- Career Assessment
- Coordination with EFSC's Disability Services (SAIL) Team
- Financial Aid Information
- College and University Tours/Transfer Planning
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Graduation Degree Audits
- Mentoring Support
- Midterm Progress Reports
- Printing Services: Free, limited printing at TRiO Lab
- Schedule Planning and Registration
- Scholarship Research
- Supplemental Grant Aid
- Supplemental Instruction (Math only)
TRiO Student Support Services at Eastern Florida State College began in 1973 and has aided more than 7,000 students and counting during its tenure.
There are more than 1,024 federally funded TRiO support services programs nationwide, including 28 in Florida. These programs are found at community colleges, state colleges, public or private universities, historically black or Hispanic colleges and universities, and tribal colleges.
TRiO Student Support Services
Building 12, Room 308
1519 Clearlake Rd.
Cocoa, FL 32933
Valarie Joiner, Program Director
Alicia Berry, Administrative Support
Eunice Rhee, Assistant Director
Madeline Vasquez, Record Specialist
Math Learning Specialist:
Welmon Speed, 321-433-7348
Available Wednesday & Thursday
8:30 AM - 6 PM
Hearing Impaired: 1-800-955-8770 (Voice)