Solving Math Word Problems
Solving Math Word Problems, Presentation (PowerPoint slide presentation, 5 MB)
After opening the PowerPoint presentation, press the function key [F5] to start the presentation. To navigate to the next bullet/slide, left-click the mouse or press the space bar on the keyboard.
- The Language of Math
- How Do You Approach a Word Problem
- Reading Comprehension
- Additional Websites
Our tutors have created study guides for frequently confusing math topics. The documents below include descriptions of the concept and explanations of the step-by-step methodology.
- Working with fractions
- Converting Between a Fraction, Decimal and Percent
- Graphing a Rational Function
- Working With Exponents and Logarithms
- Calculating the Domain and the Range of Functions
- Synthetic Division: A Step by Step Guide
- Solving Systems of Equations
- The Chain Rule: Another Method of Differentiating in Calculus
We have several math and science-related books in the Lab. If you want to refer to a different textbook or reference, come see what we have on the shelves. You may only be able to utilize Lab materials within the Lab. Solutions manuals may be checked out for a brief period of time with a driver's license or student ID and collateral, such as a set of keys.